Thursday, May 05, 2005

Et Tu, Angels and Demons?

This blog is the continuation of The Da Vinci Crock. Check out the top post on that page for why.

In addition to the reasons stated there, I wanted a place where I was freer to express pure opinion and/or to rant. I could not do that as much on Da Vinci Crock because of the need to point out the specific ways that Random House's lawyers were engaged in some pretty ethically borderline things.

Anyway, I got an email last night that said:

"I finished Angels & Demons and am amazed that the Camerlengo is revealed to be the pope's child after he kills his father unknowingly, and then he dies in flames. I've read that before in another novel: yours."

I've received quite a few emails over the past few months telling me that I should take a closer look at A&D for plagiarism.

I am struck by how this situation so closely resembles the early stages of the Da Vinci Code issue. Then, as now, I was too busy to deal with the issue and chalked the similarities up to things that probably were not protected anyway.

That did not change until I read DVCode. I have not read A&D, but the more emails I get, the more I think we may have the same issues here.

Once again, the more people read, the more similarities they find.

You have to wonder why Dan Brown's books are so phenomenally similar to mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I do now and you know it wasn't until I got damn near to the end of A%D that found this or expected anything similar. Luckily I read DOG first which was a good move. But I zipped through DVC before I finished A&D. There is also the matter of the anti-matter under St. Peter's, pope assassination and the like that come straight from Legacy. Brown was on his own until A&D and then started the mining is my theory.

Brown Interview I don't know what the date is on this but he's talking about research.

I have a little Masonic tale myself I intend to write and while looking into the freemasons I ran into that site.

Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:12:00 PM  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

Thanks Mark ... That's very interesting ...

Friday, May 06, 2005 3:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home