Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Breaking the Da Vinci Code - Airing on PAX Tonight - May 11

Grizzly Adams Productions will be airing a new prime time special -- Breaking the Da Vinci Code -- on the PAX-TV Network on May 11 during the May 2005 Sweeps.

From the Grizzly Adams Description:

"Everyone wants to know. Is Dan Brown's best selling thriller The Da Vinci Code really fact or fiction? Was Jesus really married to Mary Magdalene? Was she one of his disciples? Did they have a child together that became France's royal bloodline? Did Catholic secret societies hide these and many other secrets about Jesus? Were famous people like Leonardo da Vinci and Sir Isaac Newton in on the secrets? Did Leonardo try to warn us through The Last Supper painting? Based on three best-selling books-Breaking the Da Vinci Code, The Da Vinci Deception and Cracking Da Vinci's Code-this program solves a 2000 year old mystery! Breaking the DaV inci Code answers all the lingering questions and finally sets the record straight-through interviews with book authors and the world's leading experts in archeology, theology, art history, philosophy and science. Generous Bonus Features. Approximately 60 minutes"

More information here from the promotional material (.pdf)


Warning, shameless self-promotion ahead!

I have a cameo interview on this program. You can own a DVD of it even before the PAX airing by heading to my eBay store.

The proceeds from the sales will go to help finance my plagiarism law suit against The Da Vinci Code.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I watched and you weren't in there. It was a defense of the religion against Brown's claims. I think their taking the fact claim too seriously. The entities are real just not in the proper context, and certainly the locations and art work is real.

I mean it's a novel. Mostly yours. I'm thinking about writing one where the sceret scrolls of Jesus are found. Finally, his OWN words.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:29:00 AM  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

Hmmm ... I'm on the DVD version, but not on TV.

I do know that the company was going to do a news release on the plagiarism issues. They sent me a draft to review.

But ultimately, the legal department decided that Random House was too much of a potential problem so they spiked the news release.

I can only guess -- and wonder -- whether my cameo was edited from the TV broadcast for the same reason.

On the other hand, it could have been simply the need to plug in more commercials and my part was easy to cut.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

That was the story of my acting career in many cases. I remember saying, "damn I worked two weeks on that." They were hard close up on the authors of the debunking books repeatedly. The idea was to prove the books wasn't literally true, and that was the end of it.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home